How to post in-line photos

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by PNutts, Jun 19, 2010.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry for the basic question. I spent some time looking for an answer but haven't found it so far and thought this would be the best forum to ask. When I attach a photo file it displays as an attachment with a thumbnail view. I would like for it to appear in my post seamlessly (which apparently everyone knows how to do except me). :)

Thank you for your assistance! I take a lot of pics and I think a few are interesting. :D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

1. Create a post and attach whatever photos you want.
    2. Click Preview Post
    3. Click in the body of your post where you want a picture to appear
    4. press the down arrow to the right of the paperclip and select the picture you want to insert at that point
    5. Repeat as necessary
    6. Preview Post again to make sure they are positioned as you want.
    7. Done.

3. Stonefly macrumors regular

Stonefly

First off when posting or replying starting from the right and moving to the left, click on the 5th icon, looks like an upside down envelope.

[​IMG]

Then a box will pop up

[​IMG]

Input the address of the image you want to show in your post, you can't upload it from your computer. It has to be hosted on a site like tinypic.com, photobucket.com, places like that. I uploaded these pics to tinypic.com.

[​IMG]

Once the web address is in the box you can hit ok. Place it in the post where you want.

[​IMG]

As you can see the way I did it, in the and after I click post it looks like this.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps you.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer the OP's question. They asked how to attach photo files, which don't have URLs, since they're not on the web until they're uploaded.

5. Stonefly macrumors regular

Stonefly

Before you jump at me I was just about to compliment you on your post. I didn't realize you could do it that way.

6. PNutts thread starter macrumors 601

PNutts

You sir, rock! Thanks for your help. Here's my test photo of my aquarium taken with an iPhone 3GS before a carnivorous crab devoured one of my torch corals.

IMG_0397.JPG

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wasn't "jumping at you"; only pointing out that your post didn't answer the OP's particular question. Your method works fine for photos that are already on the web.

The other advantage to using this method is that when people quote you, they're not repeating the picture(s) in the quoted post. This keeps picture threads from becoming unwieldy with the same photos repeated dozens of times.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member