How to Post Photo to Facebook site?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whistler222, Apr 7, 2010.

1. whistler222 macrumors 6502

I tried searching.. but no luck so far..

There's no "facebook" app right now.. but facebook actually looks pretty good just using safari to access.
    However, once there, how do you upload photos?
    I tried the 'simple loader', and still didn't work?

Thanks!

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can use the facebook.com image uploader because the iPad has no real file system to pull the photos from. I don't think a website can access photos stored on the iPad itself.

4. GadgetX macrumors regular

Yes it does work and I have successfully uploaded a picture using my iPad with it.

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

You can't upload things with the Safari browser, you'll have to use the iPhone Facebook app.

6. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

E-Mail the photos. Every account has a unique e-mail address to send photos to. That is how I've been doing it.

7. whistler222 thread starter macrumors 6502

ok so u have to use the iphone app..
    yah i have that. and yes it works..

I've just read people saying there's no need for a facebook app for the ipad.
    clearly there is one now
    :)

8. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I just don't get it. If developers can build apps that can access your photo gallery for uploading images, why can't Apple allow Safari to do the same thing?

9. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

It sucks that you have to use apps for this kind of stuff, can't attach pictures or files to email, can't attach files or pics to forum posts, can't upload pics on your Facebook page. Can't watch the videos on 3/4 of the websites I visit daily because of no flash. The tabs in the browser are useless because if you have more than one or two webpages open it has to reload them each time you click the tab anyway so it totally defeats the purpose of tabbed browsing. The Internet experience which was so very neat the first couple days is starting to get old with all these limitations. I hope 4.0 brings some much needed changes or else I don't see this device holding my interest for very long. :(

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

But you can attach photos and files to emails

11. fishepa macrumors regular

No offense, but these were all things you should have known before you bought the device. I don't see any surprises in the issues you have listed.

12. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I have no issues or problems upload photos from my iPad via E-Mail.

Would be nice to see an App or maybe Facebook optimizing the site for the iPad.

13. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

They should just bring up the photo browser when you hit browse for files in safari but I doubt they'll ever do it.

14. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

It would be nice to have that as an option.