How to pre-order iPhone on an android device?

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Is going through Apple.com the only option? There isn't an apple store app availble on Google play

rockitdog

macrumors 68020
Mar 25, 2013
Is going through Apple.com the only option? There isn't an apple store app availble on Google play
Why would Apple have an app for Android? That doesn't make any sense. Chrome (or the browser of your choice) is really the only way to go. I wouldn't recommend it though, Android browsers are often unstable and can get hung up easily.

joeblow7777

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2010
Why would Apple have an app for Android? That doesn't make any sense. Chrome (or the browser of your choice) is really the only way to go. I wouldn't recommend it though, Android browsers are often unstable and can get hung up easily.
Why shouldn’t they? Especially given that the main function of the Apple app is to make it easier for people to buy stuff from them. Shouldn’t they want to make it as easy as possible for get Android users to buy an iPhone?

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Why shouldn’t they? Especially given that the main function of the Apple app is to make it easier for people to buy stuff from them. Shouldn’t they want to make it as easy as possible for get Android users to buy an iPhone?
Exactly. People using Android would like to buy apple products too.

Perdognia

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2016
Transaction fees on Play Store are 30% so I guess Apple wouldn't want to price the devices with 30% premium or to lose 30% on each iPhone.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I wouldn't want to buy an iPhone at launch on any mobile device if I had a choice--the sheer number of people ordering could slow down the whole process and that might be more tedious on a phone. A laptop/desktop with a reliable internet connection seems like the best choice.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I wouldn't want to buy an iPhone at launch on any mobile device if I had a choice--the sheer number of people ordering could slow down the whole process and that might be more tedious on a phone. A laptop/desktop with a reliable internet connection seems like the best choice.
The Apple Store app has been the best/quickest way to order for several years now.