Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ann713

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
California
Looking to erase my data on my iPhone 4 without losing the unlock (Before making a sale). Device was unlocked using the software UltraSnow. I don't know where to begin - hoping for some tips from the community, thank you.

Last edited:

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I would like to erase my data on my iPhone 4 without losing the unlock (Before making a sale). The device was unlocked using the software UltraSnow I believe. I don't know where to begin. Hoping for some tips from the community, thank you.

You will have to restore but make sure you do it by downloading the firmware file of the firmware you're on right now (available @ http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/) and shift + restore (option + restore on Mac I believe) to it and that way you won't upgrade your baseband. You could also restore to custom firmware that's newer and preserve the baseband (Pwnagetool on Mac and Sn0wbreeze on Windows). You will then have to re-jailbreak and re-unlock. Your iPhone will be fresh and ready to go!

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
If you're installing an older iOS, then you'll need your blobs and tiny umbrella. Unless you plan on installing 4.0.2 or lower, you'll need custom firmware to keep the 1.59 bb. Pwnage is for macs; unfortunately, I haven't heard a lot of good things about the windows' equivalent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.