How To Prepare For The New iPhone 4S (From Android)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Okay...for anyone switching over from Android...here's what I did.

I Exported my Contacts from Gmail into my Apple Address Book.

In the Address Book I went through all my numbers and made them all the same format (ex. 1 (555) 555-5555) and made sure all the info was in order and up to date.

My old phone book kind of sucked so I made sure I used everyone's real names (and not their nicknames).

Next, I Deleted all my Gmail contacts...and Imported my new Apple Address Book to Gmail.

Now everything looks nice and neat...And when I get my new iPhone 4S I'll just plug it in and everything will update to it and look nice and neat.

I do have one question...normally my numbers just said (555) 555-5555...but now I added a 1 in from of every number so it would look like this 1 (555) 555-5555....that won't mess up any of my local calls will it?

It's just the "proper" was of inputting a number...correct?

2. playaproved macrumors 6502

You can also just setup GMail as an exchange account and it will sync your contacts, calendar, and e-mail just like android does.

3. clewis05 macrumors newbie

4. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I have it synced with my GMail and Calendar...but I knew I had to reformat everything so I just deleted it lol.

It took about 30 mins for 215 contacts...

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Syned everything up and it's working flawlessly now.

So 1 more question...I have an Android Device registered with my Google Account...how do I go about removing the device from the account?

Any help?