How to prevent headphone cord tangling?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PmattF, Jul 6, 2007.

1. PmattF macrumors member

Does anybody have any particular tips for how to store the phone and the headphones in your pocket so that you have quick access to answer the phone using the headphones, without having to untangle a knotted cord?

On a related note, is it a bad idea to leave the headphones plugged into the phone in your pocket? On my old Nokia, the headsets would only last a couple months because of the strain on the cord being bent around the phone. But replacement Nokia headsets are only about $6 on eBay, so it was not a big deal.

2. erikislame macrumors newbie

i use this method as posted on gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/how-to-wrap-headphone-cords-correctly-225451.php

i carry the earbuds in my right pocket wrapped up like this and the phone in my left. it's not recommended to just wrap the cord around the phone itself as this will probably cause tangling.

Use whatever you like best: once i saw the method i posted, i use it for all my fracken' cords when they travel with me.

hope this helps.

3. PmattF thread starter macrumors member

Good tip

Thanks, that is a great tip. Though unfortunately it does not really help if you want to keep the headphones plugged into the phone while they are in your pocket. But maybe with that method I could get them unwound and plugged in fast enough to answer a call. I will have to do some experiments.

4. will1976 macrumors newbie

Tulip

I saw a great product on Amazon called Tulip.

It looks really easy and simple to use - just slides up and down the earphone wire from what I can see. I am about to buy one now.

Has anyone seen it - looks really cool and compliments the iPod etc.

Just search Tulip at www.amazon.co.uk and let me know your thoughts?

Thanks

5. PmattF thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. Looks like you mean this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tulip-Tulip...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246478815&sr=8-16

Would that really prevent tangling? If so, it could be a worthwhile alternative.

I have been using the wrap method as discussed above for the past two years, and I have to say, it works great. I wrap and unwrap all the time, as I use the headphones for about 90% of my phone calls

6. jcalfar macrumors newbie