iPhone how to prevent iphone from being powered off when locked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mon999, Feb 11, 2013.

1. mon999 macrumors newbie

hey folks,

i would like to prevent my iphone from being able to power off when it is locked with a passcode.

i tend to lose things a lot and don't wanna make it to easy for the person who finds my iphone whe.. i mean if i lose it.

i searched and only found topics a few years old, so wouldn't wanna try any of the tweaks there.

thanks..

2. ChrisN718 macrumors regular

ChrisN718

The only one that I know with a feature that prevents your iPhone from being shut down is iGotYa. But it costs $3.99 with a 10 day free trial. Oh and it also takes a pic with the front facing camera whenever someone enters the wrong passcode and then automatically sends that info to your email along with the phones current location.

3. mon999 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the speedy help. just installed it and seems it is worth the $4..

anyways, i haven't received any email yet after entering the wrong code on purpose 5 min ago. i wish it would work faster than that.

4. CactusHawk macrumors regular

Does this app also keep someone from powering down the iphone? It is not clear from the description.

5. HPLouis macrumors regular

It does.

Henry

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

There is also Powerguard. I haven't tried it though.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Powerguard is what I use and it works wonderfully! You place your password and your iPhone is prevented from being shut down. It will also display a message of your choosing when it is attempted.

8. mon999 thread starter macrumors newbie

powerguard says it does not support my iOS version which is 6.1. powerguard is on version 0.0.2

9. CactusHawk macrumors regular

Thanks!

I may give this a try. I had been waiting for Powerguard to get updated.

10. Siggen macrumors 6502

I cant imagine anything else that the power+home button combo still will shut off the phone.