How to print in greys?

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
I have still problem with printing with only b,w colors.

I am the owner of macbook air 11 (Mac OS X 10.7.4) and have connected with my printer- HP PHOTOSMART.

Unfortunately I haven't got a ink in color cartridge, but I have full cartridge of black color. So for that when I want to something print I need it with black white colors only. On the other way the result is that printer try to print in colors and that is bad:(

I printed from PHOTOSHOP- New document- color mode: grayscale. And than print

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yv702q.jpg

but it still printed with colors:(

So my ask is how to print in only black and white colors?

thank you very much

goRoostr

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
Philadelphia Suburbs
Dont set it to grayscale, but look for the option of black ink only ( or black and white, I dont remember exactly its been a while.) When you hit print on your document, it should be under the system print settings, not the application settings.

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Dont set it to grayscale, but look for the option of black ink only ( or black and white, I dont remember exactly its been a while.) When you hit print on your document, it should be under the system print settings, not the application settings.
can you more specify? Have only that settings:

shwc

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2005
You need to tell photoshop to use your printer's color management settings. You select this setting in the photoshop print dialog box (see A). Then set your printer's settings the way you want (see B, then follow steps 1-4 in my previous post). Finally hit the print button.

Screen Shot 2012-06-02 at 1.14.05 AM.png

Last edited:

Buck1

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
In the photoshop print dialog box you need to tell photoshop to use your printer's color management settings (see A). Then set your printer's settings the way you want (see B, then follow steps 1-4 in my previous post). Finally hit the print button.

View attachment 341575
Already set! Thank you. I ll try to print...

shwc

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2005
best of luck.

Note that in using only black ink, the only way to get gray values (I think) is to space the dots farther apart; Meaning that your printed image's resolution will suffer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.