How to Print out 3x5 Index Cards? Appropiately?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Mar 7, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have a Dell 1110 Laser Printer. I've printed great looking envelopes using the templates on Pages but can't seem to print out index cards. I've included photo links of how the problem that is restricting me from doing so is caused by right before printing, the settings don't allow me to print for index cards.

The closest i've gone to printing them out is i've gotten the correct size to print but not the image is in the middle of the print-out page which is set to an 8x10 sheet of paper. When really there are just normal 3x5 index cards in the printer tray...so when I tried printing them out like this only half of the image is printed out

2. areusche macrumors regular

areusche

Have you tried switching the printing orientation?

I print my notes onto 3x5s when professors say I can use them on tests. I use Word 2008 and I was having problems printing right onto the cards until I swapped the printing orientation setting.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

as for printing orientation i attempted to go from vertical, to horizontal in the tray slot but still 3x5 size is not displayed, nor is it expecting an index card..rather at the very best the printer is expecting to print out something 3x5 size within an 8x10 sheet of white paper right in the middle, which sucks.

all i have to do is add my "hipster pda" index card size along with all the other sizes but havent a clue how.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

i kept trying to find an appropiate solution but nothing really works.

The closest I got printing with the A6 printer setting which is like 5x6 cards using my 3x5 index cards. about 3/4ths of the image was printed, which was okay but obviously not great. I'm not gonna stick with that.

anyone else got any solutions?

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Printing shop? THey could get them mailed out possibly too