How to Print Selection?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by legaleye3000, Nov 5, 2007.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I'm using Safari and I need to print the part I highlighted (selected), but I can't figure out how....

Help please .. :)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Are you on Tiger or Leopard? Here is an app that claims to work on both, but the comments indicate that it's not working on Leopard. Not sure if there are other solutions that do work.

What it does is add a "Print Selection" entry to the "Services" menu of many OS X apps. ("Services" is available through each application's main menu.)

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

4. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm on Leopard...

But there's no built in option...? I think in Windows you just right-click your selection and then there is a "selection" option...

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Correct...there is no built-in option. It's been a gripe of Mac users for years.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Not built in. Install the program about and then you will find it here

Picture 3.png

7. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

Installed on Leopard... Click on "Safari" , then "services" then "print selection" then "print selected text" and nothing happend...

8. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I have the same problem...worked in Tiger fine, but not in Leopard and I have the 1.1 release...I have to say this is beyond ridiculous that Apple will not include a "Print Selection" Command...

9. apollinaire7 macrumors newbie

How to Print Selection?

I finally found a way to do Print Selection on Leopard. It is called "Grab." Use Finder Help to find "Grab", and it will show you how to open Grab from your Utilities file. It is rather awkward, and it takes a little getting used to, but it does work. You need to save your selection and then re-open it (in Preview) and print from there.