How to proceed (El Capitan Dev Account)

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by noobinator, Jul 10, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I currently have El Capitan Beta 2 installed on a 2nd partition and I'm a registered developer. My developer account expires in 3 days. When I log into the El Capitan partition it downloads Beta 3. However, I haven't installed it yet because I'd rather have the Public Beta (so as to avoid issues of having a Developer Beta while no longer a developer).

When I click on redeem my public beta it doesn't do anything since I already have El Cap installed. What is the best way to proceed to make sure I can get El Cap Public Beta installed? I'm not sure how to convert my Dev Beta into the Public Beta.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Since you install el capitan in second partition, you can restart to the os X installed on your first partition, and try to redeem your code there.

Don't tell me two partitions are both occupied with el capitan. :p

3. leman macrumors 604

Just keep the developer beta. It will update even after your account has expired.

4. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Haha, of course not! I tried this and it says "Code has been redeemed already". I guess I could just register under another email address, delete the El Cap partition and create a new one with the public beta or I can do what Ieman said, if that's true?

5. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Just tell you one thing. I don't have developer account, but I now still can use iOS 9 beta and el capitan beta with no issue. Both are dev beta, if that could help.

So, continue using dev beta is a preferred choice if I were you. :)