How to Protect DVD's from Compying,Imaging in Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imax36582, Sep 28, 2009.

1. imax36582 macrumors newbie

im new to Mac and stick in a problem that cant solve it,and i need consult
    i work for a company that try to create a package that consist most popular Mac Application such as ILife,IWork,etc.This package is for Internal use and must have security layers on it that protect the DVD's from copying,Imaging and some thing like this.i want to do it by software and software locks but i dont know what can i do coz i dont know how to do it in Mac.

Thanks in Advance

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Good luck! Technology has yet to be invented to prevent copying digital media, in some form or another. If someone wants it bad enough, they'll find a way.

3. imax36582 thread starter macrumors newbie

so you mean i must create my package without any Lock?
    at least in windows we have some appz that can protect the CD/DVD's from basic users...but nothing in Mac?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm sure there must be some approaches you can take, but you know locks only keep honest people honest. They're not very effective for those who are intent on stealing. Of course, you should do what you can to secure it. I'm sure there are methods on a Mac to do that. Just don't expect any solution to be hack-proof.

5. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

There is no DVD copy protection system that any DVD ripping program cannot crack. They honestly might as well not bother.

You probably can password the package itself in the Package Builder, or burn a encrypted disk image to the DVD with the package inside it (which is not such as bad solution actually), but you can't protect the DVD itself.

6. imax36582 thread starter macrumors newbie

i know that i can't protect my package 100%,but i want to have 50% security on it,for example just prevent copying by simple DVD Burners...

your way is good enough for me but i dont know how can i do it :(
    do you know any package builder on Mac that can do it for me?
    for example on Windows we have some application that can read Motherboard serial and do something with it and give the user 16 digit number and on the opposite site Package creator can get the user another serial key that match the user key and give access to DVD,can i find something like this in Mac

7. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

If you have used the built-in package builder software in OS X, there should be a password protect option in there. If not, go to Disk Utility, make a new disk image, encrypt it, then put the package in there. Next best thing IMO.

8. imax36582 thread starter macrumors newbie

until now im not create my package,just want to know which will on rich my goals ;) .
    built-in package builder can protect package with simple password or it can do extra like as i said in my previous post?
    Iceberg can do what i want?
    and your second way ,you said that i can encrypt the package ,i think i use another simple password that its the same for all package users,isn't it?
    is there any way that i can optimize this password with auto generated one that can be passed by an algorithm that produce the second password that can provide access to users?

9. imax36582 thread starter macrumors newbie