How to protect "feet" of Macbook Pro ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LevMac, Nov 20, 2010.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys

Just wondering what would be the best way to protect the "feet" on the bottom of the Macbook Pro ? As in the black rubber circular feet ?

I have seen some people's Macbook's and they are wearing out on the bottom, is there anything that we could use to protect them ?

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Why bother? Just don't slide your MacBook around all the time; pick it up and move it instead.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Best way is probably with a hard case. But they are there for that reason, so the bottom of your computer doesn't get scratched too much

4. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

maybe you could glue on a second set of sticky feet, but then what would protect those?

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Lemme reword this for you lol...

Edit: Oops im stupid. I just realized what you meant.

6. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Im thinking of putting some left over invisible shield, cut them round to fit them and just stick them on ?

7. Resist macrumors 68030

They are not rubber, they are nylon and are supposed to wear, protecting the case. You could just get spares to replace them when needed.

If you use something else to protect the feet, then what would you use to protect that? :)

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm too busy using & enjoying mine.

However I do know that one way to be assured of no wear... Just leave it stored away in it's box & use something else. Heh!

9. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Great idea. or, you could go to an office store and get some little sticky rubber things to elevate the mbp even higher off of the working surface (a table)

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I'm sure when those feet wear out and your MBP starts scraping on things you could pick up a second pair of rubber feet from a 3rd party vendor. Or you could get wee rubber feet off the back of glass coasters and use those. Personally I'd sacrifice my coasters for my MBP's wellbeing :p

11. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Aww hell, why spend time removing the feet from the coasters? Just superglue the coasters directly to the MBP :p :cool:

12. gothamm macrumors 6502a

post of the day.

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Innovative...

14. danny.lee macrumors newbie

You're kidding me right. I'm all for protecting high value equipment, I've clear shielded my iPhone, MBP screen, but the feet? I'd say I'm quite aggressive as far as sliding the it around my desk for convenience of the angle of which I'm sitting at. After I just read the original post I looked at the bottom of the MBP to see that the "feet" are perfectly time, the only 'wear and tear' was merely wiped off with my finger. Sorry I just had to put that out there and give myself a laugh.

15. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

16. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502