How to protect iPod touch/iPhone screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Nilo36, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Nilo36 macrumors newbie

How have people protected their phone/iPod? I want to carry mine everywhere but not on a belt clip (in my pocket will be most convenient). Is there a case that works well? What about screen film?...do folks use this and does it work well?
    Thanks...

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Since the glass on the iPhone is fairly durable, you can get by without any protection -- your pocket (sans keys, coins, etc..) is fine. But the Best Skins Ever full body protection works great too.

3. David G. macrumors 65816

That's what I have, works great.

4. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Been using mine since I got it at Christmas and not a scratch on it. Glass ftw.

5. Nilo36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info...do you carry your's in your pocket? No case or screen protection? Thanks...

6. albinoAZN macrumors regular

I used to carry mine around in my front pocket all the time. The glass screen never scratched, but the metal back got pretty scratched.

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah just in my pocket without keys etc. which is fairly good practice with anything shiny. The back gets pretty scratched but then so does nearly every other iPod back.

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I've carried my iPhone in my pocket without any protection since circa launch day. It's fallen once on the road while I was getting out of my car and another time on tile floor when someone smacked my hand while I was holding it. The second time was when it actually slid across the floor. I was surprised as I only saw one very small scratch that could only be seen at an angle in bright light.

The back however has some scrapes and tiny dents from the rocks of when it fell on the road. It functions perfectly well though. :)

Since the iPhone 3G's plans are considerably more expensive than what I have now and knowing that I can't purchase the 1st Gen iPhone for a reasonable price, I've began using a leather case for it.

9. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

I have my touch in a Contour Showcase and I'm using a Power Support Crystal Film Set to protect the screen and metal back. It might be overkill, but I sleep better at night! ;)