How to protect MBP from scratches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kulfon, May 2, 2016.

1. Kulfon macrumors regular

folks, I was using the tech21 armor case which left marks on my MBP that are impossible to fully remove. Do not ever use it!

I have a question, are there any solutions that can be used to protect MBP aluminium from scratches? Not a case, but maybe something else that you know is working?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Most people just slip it into a sleeve for travel or a laptop bag (which is what i use) in day to day use you should be fine but a computer is a tool and a laptop is one that may find itself in less than safe environments. The chances are eventually it will get scratched thats pretty much the way things are wether its due to the case/ cover /skin you are using or something on a surface you are using it on or the many myriad ways that you can damage it, it will happen, and thats fine thats what happens with tools they get used and it shows.

If your aim is to protect the computer from damage that will stop it working from falls etc then this is a different matter, put the tech 21 armour case back on accept the stains it causes as the inconsequential thing they are and keep using the computer as before, or buy a new case and accept that the reason most people don't use cases is that they are usually more trouble than they are worth for stopping minor surface damage and stains but they may help stop a screen shattering or a corner denting in a fall.

3. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe you are right. I will get rid of the tech21 armor case and will not use anything.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Wish could remember which one I ended up with because it fits near perfectly. Pretty sure it was Slickwraps.
    The Bodyguardz fit like crap. It wasn't even close.
    I took pictures and send them into their tech support. The response was full of operator error. It didn't fit. Amazon reviews cover the fit issue pretty well.

5. PapaGino macrumors member

PapaGino

I been using stainless steel cleaner on all my Macbook Pros and it makes them shine look new. The cleaner i use says it protects from scratches and it sure does even my oldest 2008 17in shines like new with only one scratch on the bottom of the mac. My most beat up mac is my 2008 15in but even though she shows a lot of wear and tear the cleaner does make it seam a lot better then it does without the cleaner on it. Most of the time my 09 17in has its hard case on but i took it off for now since i cant get over how shiny it is lol.