how to protect the 3g iphone back

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by asouns, Jul 14, 2008.

1. asouns macrumors member

I got a screen protector for the screen from apple store, it works great but I dont know what to do with the back.

Im looking for something like a plastic film that would adhere to the back like the screen protecter. I don't want the case because I wanna remain the original look of iphone.

anyone know something like that?

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

There's Invisible Sheild, Ghost Armor, and Body Guardz I believe.

I'm looking to choose one of these three also, they are discussed in other threads.

I'm sad to see a few very light scratches on my black 3g iphone back and I've only had it a few days, I'm gonna order one of these today, the only question is which one?

3. coffee58 macrumors newbie

I've also been researching this type of protection. Luckily while standing in line for my iPhone 3G I met two guys who used these types of skins. One guy had a ZAGG Invisible Shield and the other had one from Best Skins Ever. Both agreed that the Best Skins Ever was the way to go for two reasons.

First, the guy with the ZAGG showed me his first gen iPhone covered with the material and it had discolored due to the heat the phone generated. So that's one for the Best Skins Ever.

Second, the Best Skins Ever are made from the exact same material that the ZAGG Invisible Shield is, but it's only $8.00 after shipping as compared to the ZAGG which is around $25.00-$30.00 before you account for shipping. So that's two for the Best Skins Ever.

Ordered mine last night!:apple:

4. mjkasper macrumors newbie

If Best Skins Forever uses the same material as Zagg wouldn't you expect that skin to discolor the same as the InvisiShield? Perhaps for $8 that doesn't bother you as much.

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

If you set the phone down on a table make sure you set it on the suede wipe that came with it or on something to protect it. When it's in your hands it's fine.

I actually bought the suede jacket case from Waterfield and I love it. Whenever I use my iPhone on a table, etc I just place it on top of that and it protects it perfectly.

I've heard good things about GhostArmor if you're looking to go that route. What protectors did you purchase? How do you like them?

6. Warpdrv macrumors member

If your looking for clear see through I don't know about them...

I bought a black rubber condom type thing for my black, and it fits really well, you can easily remove it, and its very good on the drop test, but again its a flat black rubber material so its not shiny or as pretty looking. But I was only interested in protection not looks...

Incipio http://static.zoovy.com/img/incipiodirect/-/I/iph_300a1.jpg

7. lilwife macrumors newbie

The screen protectors usually get rid of/hide surface scratches. Not gouges in the paint, but little ones come out.

8. asouns thread starter macrumors member

how come first gen iphone discolored? considering it's aluminum

anyway I just bought one from ZAGG, it gave me a one-time-use 20% off discount for next purchase, I have nothing more to buy and share it with you guys if you wanna get something from ZAGG

code : 7clhc2 (apply at the checkout)

9. Bmizz macrumors member

Iwrap. www.getiwrap.com I don't work for them or anything but I ordered one for my ipod touch and it blows away the ones in the apple store. Really nice, 3m style rubberish cover. Comes with a solution spray bottle, squeegee, and the cover for front and back. Totally see through, made the ipod feel much better in hand, makes the touch screen much more resposive, and best part is if it scratches or rips he will replace the cover for nothing, FOR LIFE. It is an awesome shield, best I have seen by far. I ordered two of the new 3g covers for my girlfriend and I.