Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
portland
If one adds a lot of features to a released free app and would like to charge money for the new version does apple allow this?

In itunes connect's update your app screen it didn't ask for change in cost of the app.:apple:

Attachments

• itunes update.png
    itunes update.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 71

soch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
portland
Ok.

May be I need to upload the updated version & once approved then I could goto the pricing tab to increase the Price tier.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
May be I need to upload the updated version & once approved then I could goto the pricing tab to increase the Price tier.
Sounds like a good plan.

If you have a specific availability date set for your app, you can also set the pricing schedule to match that. But be very careful! Setting the availability date to some time in the future can cause the current version to disappear from the App Store. This is one of a number of iTunes Connect settings that applies to all versions of an app and not just the specific version for which you are editing the information (unlike settings such as 'Version Number' and 'What's New In This Version', which are version-specific).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.