How to purge the Photostream

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by typeadam, Jan 27, 2014.

1. typeadam macrumors regular

I have about 700 photos in my Photostream that I want to delete...and I can't.
    I'm ready to introduce my phone to the front of the 2:52 Express if I don't get this fixed.
    1. Turning Photostream off removes the photos from my iPhone but when I turn it back on, they all download themselves back.
    2. There is no 'Reset Photostream' option in iCloud anymore.
    3. The iCloud Photos for Windows doesn't show any Photostream photos even tho syncing is turned ON.
    4. I'm not paying $15 for an iPhoto upgrade on my Mac that I'll never use again.

There has to be an easier way to delete everything from PS! Doesn't there? Apple's insane obsession w/ end user ease-of-use is turning into end user impossible-to-control.

Thanks for any help.

2. Bear macrumors G3

3. typeadam thread starter macrumors regular

4. Bear macrumors G3

I read it. You listed every way you tried. What I linked wasn't a method you mentioned and gave a a way to delete photos from the PhotoStream from an iOS device. Of course whether this method works for you is another story.

5. typeadam thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately they don't list what I need.
    Selecting 700 individual photos is a no go.
    The rest of the stuff on that site refer to things I've already tried in some capacity.

6. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

Had similar. Spent ages trying to figure it out. Every time I turned on photostream it filled my ipad with ancient photos. Eventually uploaded all my pics from iPhoto to Flickr. Installed flickr app on iPhone and IPad. Left photostream off. All good :apple:

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I saw this app My Photostream in my RSS feeds today and I see they have a free trial. I wonder if you could use the trial version to select all your Photo Stream photos and delete them? Worth a shot.

8. typeadam thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm.. Sounds interesting! I will def have to give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.