How to put autograph?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by the hippie, Oct 5, 2011.

1. the hippie macrumors member

Hi all, i'd like to know how to put autograph or signature to my photos? Somebody said to just sign your name on a small piece of paper & hold it up to the macbook camera to capture it, but i don't know how to do the whole process. Will i go to iphoto? or preview to do that? What to click?

----------

Thanks for any advice.

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

3. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

4. simsaladimbamba

I guess the OP means a signature on the bottom/top left/right of the image, like shown here:

[​IMG]

To make a photo with the built in camera, open Photo Booth (found in the Applications folder or via Spotlight) and follow this: http://www.icreatemagazine.com/tips/os-x-tutorial-make-and-share-your-photo-booth-snaps/

But know, that the quality will be abysmal and you still have to mask your signature via Gimp or the 30-day trial of Photoshop.

Do you have access to a scanner?

----------

That works with PDFs, but does it with images?

OP: Do you use some kind of photo management software like iPhoto or LightRoom or Aperture?
    Because LightRoom supports watermarks and signatures, maybe iPhoto and probably Aperture do too.

5. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I went to the preference & did my signature & have already the signature. I don't know what to do next on how to put it to my photos?

6. simsaladimbamba

That only works for PDFs, not photos.
    In what format do you have your signature, and is the background transparent?

7. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

It's not transparent, it's colored white.

8. simsaladimbamba

Is that okay with you?

If so, open the photo in Preview and open the signature in Preview.
    Click on the signature, press CMD+A to select all of the image, press CMD+C to copy it, switch to the photo and click on it, press CMD+V to paste it and use the mouse cursor clicking on the pasted signature to move it to the right place. To make accurate position corrections, use the arrow keys on your keyboard, when done, press Enter and save the photo via File > Save As.
    Know, that once you press Enter, the pasted signature can't be moved anymore and you have to undo any changes via CMD+Z, if needed.

9. the hippie thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much, it did work for my picture in Preview.