How to put multiple avi files on one dvd?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmy2469, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jmy2469 macrumors member

I had a party for my parents for their anniversary, I have multiple avi files that I would like to place on dvd and in the correct order. I have all of the files on my 2011 MBP. Can I just insert a blank dvd,then drag each file over to burn it? Is there an easier way to do this? I have everything in one file, could I just drag the file over, would it burn all the files inside? First time trying to do this, thanks for the help. John

2. chriscl macrumors 6502

chriscl

Are you trying to produce a DVD that can be played on a 'normal' DVD player, instead of a computer?

If so, you will need an app that can produce a 'video' DVD - there are any number of these (I use Toast, which works perfectly for me) as it simply drag-and-drop the files into Toast, which converts them in to a format that a DVD player can understand and then 'burns' a DVD disc (I can also add and edit menus and other effects).

If you want something to play just on a computer, just rename the files in a logical 'correct' order - video-1.avi, video-2.avi, video-3.avi etc - and you can then just burn them to a DVD disc from Finder (just drop them all in to one folder, then in Finder, click on the folder and from the 'File' menu, choose "Burn (Folder name) to disk" - where (Folder name) is the name of the folder.

3. jmy2469 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I am trying to make a dvd that will play in a regular dvd player,not on computer. Thanks for the help chriscl.I'll give Toast a try