How to put PDF on ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peterjmay, Apr 20, 2011.

1. peterjmay macrumors newbie

I downloaded a bunch of magazines they are in pdf form how do i put them on ipad to read, as its awkward to read on laptop?
    thanks

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Download iBooks application and sync the PDF's into iBooks through iTunes. If you need any further help feel free to PM me and I'll help you out.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Put them in iTunes and sync, or

E-mail them to yourself, or

Use DropBox.

...plus some other methods others might suggest.

4. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

iBooks.

Go to the apps section in iTunes on your Mac / PC (after you've installed iBooks) then scroll down, and you should see a box where you can just drag and drop things from Windows Explorer, or Finder.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

As Nishi said, I use iBooks for my 600 page + court case files

6. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

Let technology get out of the way. Why would you want to use a PDF on something so magical!

7. mypants macrumors newbie

once you have iBooks app installed, just drag the PDFs you want onto the iTunes icon. iTunes will automatically put them in the iBook PDF section and you will see a "bookshelf" full of them next time you sync the iPad.

My wife used to print out pages and pages of Real Estate listings to bring to clients, now she just prints to PDF, drags them to iTunes, syncs and goes out the door with zero papers. Clients dig it.

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

iPad vs 600 pages +...... hard decision :rolleyes:

9. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

10. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

I'd have said Goodreader too. Especially for one-off files: love the wifi server thing. If you prefer iBooks as a reader you can always Open With for Goodreader. I love GR's PDF annotation though.

11. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

If you don't want to have to sync your iPad to transfer PDFs from your computer to the iPad, just use Dropbox.

Make sure you have the iBooks application installed on your iPad to view the PDF. Or you can use another app that let's you view and write over PDFs as well.

Then install Dropbox (free) and drag your PDFs into your Dropbox folder that sync wirelessly to your iPad's Dropbox folder. You can then view them in Dropbox or choose to transfer them to another place through the app.