How to question -new iMac User

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imacattack, Jan 21, 2008.

1. imacattack macrumors member

imacattack

How do I download to my iMac from a CD or DVD? i.e. I have a program for home and landscaping in 3D and didn't realize that it did not say for use on macs on the box. Is there a way I can download this program? I am new to using the iMac and am learning as I go along and get stuck.:mad:

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

If it is a non-Mac program, you won't be able to use it on your Mac. You could run BootCamp or similar an then try using the program under a Windows install. This would allow you to use the program on a PC-like environment on your iMac (presuming the software is compatible with Windows and you have an Intel iMac).

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

what is the name of the program?

Windows version of programs will not work on a Mac unless you

1. use bootcamp and install a copy of windows on your mac
    2. use Virtual Machines like VMware Fusion or Parrallels, you still need to install a copy of windows into that "virtual machine"
    3. use crossoveroffice, which can run SOME windows program without the installation of windows, but its very limited in what programs can run successfully.
    4. find a mac version of that program.

4. imacattack thread starter macrumors member

imacattack

The name of the software is

Total 3D Home and Landscape by Individual Software. I guess I have to go to the iMac download site to see what software they may have that will correspond to what I bought and didnt't work. Thanks.:mad: