Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dupsta

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
"There is not enough space available space to complete this operation"

I am on a 2008 MacPro running VISTA Ultimate. I have two external esata drives. I want to have them run as a raid 0 for media. However as I have posted, they will not raid together? I even tried raiding them at a fraction of their actual capacity as a test. Every MB number including default gave me the above error message. NO SPACE?
These are blank brand new drives? Can anyone help me or give me some helps ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• Step_01.jpg
    Step_01.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Step_02.jpg
    Step_02.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Step_03.jpg
    Step_03.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Step_04.jpg
    Step_04.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 68
  • Step_06.jpg
    Step_06.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 81

dupsta

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
please feed me a morsel as I wither in defeat. Can you send this thread to your smartest friend that can help me. Dear god, hear my cries for help!!!
-end scene

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I thought to create a RAID in Windows, you had to install third party drivers from your motherboard manufacturer.

dupsta

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
I am not going to give up, I am sure someone in this world has created an external raid before?
It seems so simple right? Maybe pass this along to someone you know that has experience with a raid, that would help me out so much. I am just so stuck here! I have nothing to even try?

dupsta

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
done

crazy..nothing on the internet explains how to create an external eSata data raid 0 in VISTA from a MacPro. The kind folks at OWC figured out a way to do it. Much appreciated! ANy MacPro folks trying to get 300mbs on a dual external eSata, PCIe dual port, raid 0 using Vista. Finally got it going. Was frustrating, but after some trial and error...game on!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
crazy..nothing on the internet explains how to create an external eSata data raid 0 in VISTA from a MacPro. The kind folks at OWC figured out a way to do it. Much appreciated! ANy MacPro folks trying to get 300mbs on a dual external eSata, PCIe dual port, raid 0 using Vista. Finally got it going. Was frustrating, but after some trial and error...game on!

So after all this, there still isn't anything on the internet about how to do it, but at least we know that if we contact the fine folks at MacSales/OWC they might be able to point us in the right direction. ;)

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.