Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inkllicious

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I have an Iphone 3G locked to Rogers.
I still have that sim, and I have my Telus Sim waiting

I used to just activate with the rogers sim and pop the telus in with ultrasn0w, to avoid batt. drain but for whatever reason its not activating itself.

Any manual method?

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I have an Iphone 3G locked to Rogers.
I still have that sim, and I have my Telus Sim waiting

I used to just activate with the rogers sim and pop the telus in with ultrasn0w, to avoid batt. drain but for whatever reason its not activating itself.

Any manual method?

I don't see why the Rogers SIM wouldn't activate it. I used burnt SIMs from Bell, Telus, and Rogers all the time to activate iPhones. If it won't activate you can do it with Redsn0w by jailbreaking. That's the only other way I know of. Try activating with Redsn0w, de-activating with Redsn0w, and then activating with iTunes the regular way.

Inkllicious

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I don't see why the Rogers SIM wouldn't activate it. I used burnt SIMs from Bell, Telus, and Rogers all the time to activate iPhones. If it won't activate you can do it with Redsn0w by jailbreaking. That's the only other way I know of. Try activating with Redsn0w, de-activating with Redsn0w, and then activating with iTunes the regular way.
Alright did what you said. It 'activated' within Itunes, but not on the phone.
SAMS utility says its wildcard activated,

And still no push notifications :l

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Alright did what you said. It 'activated' within Itunes, but not on the phone.
SAMS utility says its wildcard activated,

And still no push notifications :l

Unlock with ultrasnow, sometimes it helps to reinsert main sim. Your netwerk settings could still be pointing to Rogers instead of Telus.

Reinserting sim should solve that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.