Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakkaow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Hi I have a Mac Mini with i7 processor . It is only having windows 7 using bootcamp. How I can reinstall mac in it..

Please guide me..

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you have any kind of restore media for the Mac mini? Is it a 2011 or 2012 Mac that originally came with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion? If so Mac coming with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion has physical restore media included.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

If you want to make a bootable installation medium, you can follow these steps:

wakkaow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Thnx for propt reply

This is a early 2012 model.. came with osX Lion. But no physical bootable media was provided. I have original Mountain Lion dmg with me . Main problem is that I don't have a mac machine now to create the bootable disc, only windows machine.

Can you guide me farther ??

Nov 28, 2010
located
This is a early 2012 model.. came with osX Lion. But no physical bootable media was provided. I have original Mountain Lion dmg with me . Can you guide me farther ??

There was no early 2012 model, only 2011 models still being sold in 2012.

Anyway, if you still have the OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion DMG and hopefully access to another Mac, the last link in my first reply should be able to help you if you also have an 8 GB USB flash memory thumb drive.

Otherwise you need to use Internet Recovery (first link in my first reply).

wakkaow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
I do have 8gb flash drive and a Mountain lion DMG but I dont have acess to any other mac system .... what to do then ??

Nov 28, 2010
located
I do have 8gb flash drive and a Mountain lion DMG but I dont have acess to any other mac system .... what to do then ??

If you have internet access and can download 4.x GB easily, you can use the Internet Recovery option.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

Also know, that installing Mac OS X might need you to format the HDD inside, thus deleting the already present Windows installation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.