How to re-recognize firewire port

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I have been using my firewire port on my Mac Mini for a week or so. Last night when I turned on my Video Camera and opened Imovie, it said no camera attached. I did all the normal things like unplug and replug in. Start and Re-start, etc.

I then plugged in my ipod to the Firewire port and it also did not recognize the iPod, but if I plug in the iPod to the USB it works no problem!

So I have deduced that its the port, is there a way to reset the firewire port? or re-find it?

thanks
Trout

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
update, I went in to my system profiler and under firewire it says "No Information Found" so I wonder if I needto re-install it somehow............

any info would be great,

Thanks

Trout

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
Trout74 said:
I have been using my firewire port on my Mac Mini for a week or so. Last night when I turned on my Video Camera and opened Imovie, it said no camera attached. I did all the normal things like unplug and replug in. Start and Re-start, etc.

I then plugged in my ipod to the Firewire port and it also did not recognize the iPod, but if I plug in the iPod to the USB it works no problem!

So I have deduced that its the port, is there a way to reset the firewire port? or re-find it?

thanks
Trout
Reset the PRAM maybe. It could be that your firewire port got fried so that would mean you need Apple on the phone.

Trout74

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
varmit said:
Reset the PRAM maybe. It could be that your firewire port got fried so that would mean you need Apple on the phone.
How do you reset the PRam?

thanks
Trout

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.