How to read large 10mb Plus PDF books/documents in iphone 2.0 software 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cranbers, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cranbers macrumors newbie

Hello, so I have certification books etc and I would like to be able to read them in the iphone.

I know in emails you can read pdf attachments, but that seems to stall the phone with a pdf that large.

Is there any way to copy a pdf to the phone hard drive and launch a program that opens it up?

If someone could provide me with a step by step, or a link to one I would appreciate it.

There doesn't seem to be a straight forward answer out there, and the app store, seems to have a ereader, but I read you can't open up books you have with it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Have a look at FileMagnet. Great app for the iPhone/iPod touch.

3. cranbers thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I forgot to mention though I don't have a mac. I have a windows machine.

4. kicko macrumors 65816

i had this problem just now, but for anyones future reference, you can download stanza which has a seperate desktop app. which allows sync with your computer (where PDF's are) to the iphone. Within a few mins. you got PDF books nicely loaded in Stanza. FTW

5. 0sync0 macrumors regular

My understanding is that the Stanza desktop converts PDFs to a different format and does not convert images. I've also read that it does not handle fonts well either.

6. pleasespammelat macrumors newbie

pleasespammelat

Convert PDF to eBook

You can also convert PDF’s to EPUB’s at Epub2Go.com.

The free web site will also automatically transfer them to your iPhone (via an e-mail link).
    You must have Stanza on your iPhone (which is a great eBook reader).

One of the advantages is that EPUB's are a lot smaller than PDF's

Full Disclosure: My company created it! :cool:

7. ilya37 macrumors newbie