How to read the tracking and delivery estimate?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stefan1975, Sep 13, 2010.

1. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

my MBP15 CTO was ordered on Sep 7 and shipped on Sep 10, but according to the tracking page it won't be delivered until at least Sep 24 for some reason.

The order page says Sep 20/21 and the sales lady suggested anywhere between now and Sep 20 .... so i am confused now about when to expect my MBP.

although i don't really get the tracking page, how long can it take to ship a laptop from china to the NL?

My last Dell laptop was delivered from shanghai, through korea, kazachstan, Koln and then to my house in NL in less then 36 hours.

tracking summary:
    ordered 7 Sep 2010
    shipped 10 Sep 2010
    delivery date 24 Sep 2010 (estimate)
    delivery on schedule 14 Sep 2010

and what's with the 14th ... it has said that for days now?

2. Asim91 macrumors newbie

Iv had myn for about 2 weeks, the information on the apple website didn't always make sense however once it was dispatched a tracking number from UPS when up for me where i could see exactly where my laptop was as well as a very accurate date of overall. I live in the UK and the guy who delivered it said that if i wasn't in it would have went back to the main warehouse where you would have to arrange another date for delivery as they can not leave it at neighbours.

myn also came through the same root as your dell, and took around 2 - 3 days

Hope my experience helped you

3. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,

don't know if yours was a default model, i ordered a CTO MBP15 so i was expecting it to take longer. The status on the tracking site hasn't changed in over a week though, it is still mereley being stated as "shipped".

the 14th was also mentioned in the delivery page, but now the 14th has come and gone (well almost) and there has been no change whatsoever.

I guess it is en route from china and worst case it will be here by the 24th, but it is still odd that their tracking page doesn't make any sense at all. I don't even have tracking numbers yet.

i guess we'll see.

4. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

It is possible it is held up in Customs. You may want to call Apple customer support and ask them.

5. jfield44 macrumors newbie

Having the same problem as you guys. 15 CTO ordered on the 3rd and it wont be here till the 21st not great.

I have the same message about shipment on schedule 13th.

Can it really take that amount of time?

6. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

i ordered my mbp, 3 days later it was shipping, on a thursday and i had the computer in my hands the tuesday after, and it shipped from Shanghai, alaska, Tennessee, toronto, burlighton, my house. I would call the delivery people that sounds way to long!

7. stefan1975 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i did call apple, or at least the lady at apple who sold it to me on the phone. she said that it might arrive anywhere between late this week and the 24th. that doesnt clear things up one bit.

I don't really mind waiting, i just wish there was more info. A friend buying a HP got hourly updates about where in the world his laptop was from airports, customs, etc.

I just have it as "shipped" since three days after my order (the 7th). Some mysterious date the 14th at which nothing happened at all (that was really an anticlimax after waiting for a week since the 7th for the 14th and not having anything happen at all), and three delivery estimates varying from the 20th to the 24th.

no tracking stuff until it is en route to the final destination it says (although i have seen other threads where people have tracking updates from even shanghai), it just says "on schedule 14th" ?!