how to really delet a file with right click ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sa3er, Feb 5, 2011.

1. sa3er macrumors member

i wanna delete my files permanently because i capture a lots of TV channels so trash get full then i have to empty trash everyday and in this way i will lose useful files maybe too.
    with keyboard the shortcut in apple help is cmd+del or cmd+shift+alt+del but all these keyboard shortcuts stupidly remove the file then empty trash :eek: ! (OMFG how stupid apple coders are)
    is there any way to add something to right click menu which with it file really delete no moving to trash ...

is there :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

Yeah, stupid "Apple coders".

Have you tried Terminal yet?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=259323
    Or have you considered getting a bigger HDD, even external one, if you have to delete GBs on a daily basis? What about using Time Machine, then even emptying the Trash will not delete the files you baked up and also have put into the Trash?

3. Isair, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

Isair macrumors member

Isair

Why are there useful files in your trash?

Those shortcuts do exactly what they are supposed to do.

Cmd + Del = Move to trash.
    Shift + Cmd + Del = Empty trash. (And it even asks you if you really want to empty the trash...)
    Shift + Alt + Cmd + Del = Empty trash without displaying the warning dialog.

Not by default, no. But I suggest you take a look at this: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20071114065424440

4. sa3er thread starter macrumors member

well i think deleting a file is most basicest thing ever ! even my knife have such option in it ..

now how the hell i can delete a file without screwing my trash files ? because all text files maybe be needed someday and they have light size so i want they don't get kicked out from trash ...

shame on you apple :mad:

5. simsaladimbamba

Then why don't you store the text files somewhere else? The Trash is not meant as repository, but as place between existence and total annihilation.
    And why is Apple to be blamed for your usage methods?

Anyway, fi you keep on using Trash as repository and not what it is meant to be, then either look into that Terminal command or Apple Script or Automator or a combination of both.

And to shame Apple a bit more: www.apple.com/feedback