How to Ream Rimm ~ Clone the PC Droid!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TanToday, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TanToday macrumors member

U know....I just had a BRILLIANT IDEA! { ©™ }

I have to be careful, they come few and far between, but every now and then a whopper pops out, and this may be one of them.

One of the most clever and fun advertising campaigns ever done was the "HELLO, I'M A PC" series, where you have two guys and a white screen and they interact.

One is "Mr. PC" who is all business, or wants to be, he disdains "cool" and everything has to be all business. The other guy "Mr. Mac" is laid back, iconic, and gets to play the straight man, in this series, the real hero is Mr. PC, as he struggles for respect, for coolness, and agonizes about the frustrations of being on a PC platform, especially with VISTA, the crapware that Microsoft spent seven years creating.

Now, apple pay attention here, EXPAND the concept. Do another series where you have "Mr. Hunt'n'peck" VS "Mr. iPhone" and you can play off that interaction, the "Crackberry" guy is struggling with thumbs and the like, the cool Apple guy is surfing the net, setting up a date with a hot number, and running all the neat programs that are here now, and will EXPAND exponentially!

This IS A GOOD IDEA Steve, get someone to flesh it all out.

In case you want to see the entire series of INCREDIBLY CLEVER ads that feature the interaction between Mr. PC and Mr. Mac, the link below will take you to a listing where you can view them all right now.

If you haven't seen the Apple ads, or want to review them, go to YOUTUBE and type in "I'm A Mac" and there will be dozens of them for your viewing.

{ disclosure, VERY long with 2600 shrs AAPL }

2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Didn't someone post a thread about this already a week ago?

Either way, I think it's a good idea!