How to receive gifted app

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by shankar2, Dec 8, 2011.

1. shankar2 macrumors 6502

Hi someone gifted me an app

How do I download the app for free?

Regds
    Shankar

2. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Click the link on the email in mail app on iphone and it will re-direct to app store , make sure you login on the account you want the app because once enter the password the app will be "enrolled" on that account

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Maybe You Can Help Me Out

Sorry to hijack this a bit, but last week I tried to buy a iTunes gift voucher for a buddy back home in the States. Cut a long story short, I can't do it....Only in Europe.

My question is could I GIFT him apps if he gave me a list? Just thinking you might have found a workaround that the Apple genius missed when I spoke to them.

4. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

For some reason I think that the European markets & U.S. markets are treated separately.

Looking...

OK, here's an older thread from this forum regarding same problem. I don't know if the fix is still viable. First asked in 2005 and then again in 2008.

Good luck and please post your results. :)

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Nearly!

I thought of that, but unfortunately my buddy already has an iTunes account. Apple have further screwed things down since that post too. I can sort of understand the security implications, but hey, I buy stuff in US and Australian dollars using my CC all the time. Thanks for the link though:)

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

If you and your buddy setup the accounts in different countrys im sorry to say that there is no way he can redeem your gifted apps on the account hes using , i recommend incase he havent made any purchase on hes current account to just change the Region Country to match yours and he will be able to download your gifts , if not then just tell him to setup a secondary account.

Ps. If i wasnt clear im sorry , english not my native.