How to receive mail from yourself.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by owner132, Oct 10, 2008.

1. owner132 macrumors newbie

I have a GMAIL account and I am using mail in OSX leopard. I send myself reminders all the time on my iPod touch but I am unable to see them in mail but I can see them in my iPod touch. How can I set mail to let me see mail from myself?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's strange.

I do that twice or thrice a week, and I can see my self sent email fin in Mail and the iPod Touch Mail programme.

In Mac OS X' Mail the mail is shown as Junk but nothing more.

Maybe you have a rule set up, that doesn't allow you to see your own email.

Where do you look for you email - inbox of your account on the top left side, or the specific account structure below that?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

With GMail or with something else?

I'm not at my Mac right now, and so I'm being lazy and suggesting this but not bothering to test it, but I think this might be an idiosyncracy in the way GMail is set up... I remember vaguely running into this with GMail also.

OP: Do you have GMail set up as POP or IMAP on your Mac? If it's POP, try IMAP... I think the idiosyncratic behavior may have to do with the way GMail implements POP (which is different from the way most everyone else does it), whereas they implement IMAP more similarly to how others do it.

4. owner132 thread starter macrumors newbie

Worked perfectly. Thanks so much man. You are a fricken life saver!

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Haha, glad it worked, and glad you understood what I meant even though I said "if it's POP, try iMac" instead of IMAP. :eek: