How to receive school e-mail in 'Mail' ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Oct 31, 2008.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I'm using Mail in Leopard to receive/send e-mail from Gmail.
    I also have an e-mail address at uni and we have to log in at http://mail.phl.be

Now I was wondering how I can receive this e-mail in Mail as well, so I don't have to visit the webclient each time?

2. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

If they offer pop or imap access, just configure another profile under preferences --> accounts. If they offer pop/imap, they'll have instructions on how to configure your program (server names, logins, etc).

3. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Thanks! Got it to work.

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Ask your university what protocols they support for accessing their mail client. I see from the link that you gave me that your university is using Exchange. Unless your university has IMAP enabled on Exchange, you can't use Apple Mail to access your university mail.

You can, however, use Entourage to access it. You should be able to get Office:Mac 2008 from your university for a deep discount, so ask them how to do so. If you have already gotten Office, make sure that it's Standard Edition or Special Media Edition and not Home and Student Edition. Home and Student Edition doesn't allow you to access Exchange servers, but Standard and Special Media Edition do.

Regards,
    Nadyne.