How to Record a Trailer from DVD (for presentation)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poppe, Jun 15, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I have a presentation due on Tuesday and am creating a keynote at the moment, and I desperately need the keynote to include some video clips, especially the trailer.

Any ideas on how to do that?

And if you know how could you walk me through it.

I have Mactheripper and Handbrake, but not sure how to take advantage of either.

I own One Hour Photo.

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

May sound dumb and perhaps obvious, but have you searched Apple's QT trailers? If they had it, you could save it and throw it in your keynote, and it's very easy.

You might also see if there is an official website for the film you need a trailer of, or simply do a Google search.

Sorry if this seems obvious, isn't helpful, or you've already done it.

3. Vidman33 macrumors newbie

http://www.drfoster.f2s.com/trailers_o.shtml

if you went down this route.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

sorry on an OSX, im not sure u can find an app to selectively rip part of DVD, so My suggestion would be to rip the whole disk with macthripper, and then play each VOB file with VLC and find the trailer u want.

under windows, there is an app called DVDshrink (another one is DVDencrypter) they allow selective ripping part of DVD, and You MIGHT try use them through crossover office. (I found crossover-mac to be very slow...)

under linux, there is an app called K9Copy, only way to use it under osx is through VM (hassle).

among all, mactheripper might be easiest, and its pretty fast on modern machines, it just take more space, if u don't mind.

5. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Ok thanks. Duh me. Now the only problem is since most of the trailers are tiny I'll have to see if it works okay. See I'm doing a presentation on a 37 inch hd tv...

Cool website. Never heard of it but its nice that it has so many trailers.

Ok I'll check out the VOB files. Every time I have tried this I ended up just watching one VOB fil in dubbed Spanish, then in French, then in a language I didn't know... But I'll search harder through the files to see if I can find it.

Thanks a lot guys.