How to record from ipad???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eroxx, Nov 3, 2010.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I have a music app that doesn't have a recording option, but the developer said to use the line-in recording capabilities of the ipad ... ??? Can someone explain? Thanks!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Line-in = Microphone. Connect an Mic and if the App can record it should be able to show you the recording capability. I take voice notes with evernote and it works perfect

3. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

It all depends on what kind of recording you're talking about.

I am currently on a mission to do stereo recording on my Apple mobile devices. None of them are enabled for stereo recording through the headset/microphone jack.

I have been able to record in stereo on my iPod classic, and iPhone 3G with the use of a Belkin Tune Talk microphone that plugs into the dock connector, which is the only way to access stereo recording. You can also plug in a 3.5 mm stereo microphone into it. It does not work however with the iPhone 4 , or the iPad which by the way have wonderful recording capabilities, although just in Mono.

I have learned that you can access recording through the dock of the iPad, by using the USB camera connector. I am dying to find out whether this will enable stereo recording on the iPad. I don't want to spend the money for a stereo USB microphone, so I have found a USB to 3.5 stereo microphone adapter to plug my stereo microphone into. I am using the FiRe app for recording on these devices.

In my opinion it's a great failing of Apple to not enable stereo recording through the built-in jack, as these devices are more than capable, and ideally suited for stereo recording.

I will post the results when they are available if anyone is interested.