How To Record From My Turntables To My Apple Macbook?

JUNGLEWARFARE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hi need HELP .....to record my set from my vestax pdx turntables to my mac book.....
my set up.....:
2 x vestax pdx
vestax pmc mixer
pioneer amp
how do i set up my macbook to record i had an idea to connect my macbook thru the back off my mixr thru the record red/white phono's and then use podcast.......but my mac dont have the connection ports....so do i need any other leads ...i'm Lost in how to record...please could u help in any way...it would be most appreciated...

JUNGLEWARFARE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hijack audio pro

you just need a cable like this to go from the record output (might be called booth/main2) of your mixer into the line in on your macbook (the line in looks like this: >o<).

i use audio hijack pro for recording mixes... could try that out, search for it on http://www.macupdate.com
Hi Thanks alot for ur reply most appreciated...........
will get the lead 2 morrow asked about and no one could help me now i know what 2 look 4......

also i searched 4 audio hijacked pro......it come up demo version and one from shareware.......should i dwnload the shareware application.....also what does this application do?.....please could u give me some info on it ...thanks alot i will wait 4 ur reply......

Alfie