How To Record From My Turntables To My Apple Macbook?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JUNGLEWARFARE, Aug 21, 2007.

1. JUNGLEWARFARE macrumors newbie

Hi need HELP .....to record my set from my vestax pdx turntables to my mac book.....
    my set up.....:
    2 x vestax pdx
    vestax pmc mixer
    pioneer amp
    how do i set up my macbook to record i had an idea to connect my macbook thru the back off my mixr thru the record red/white phono's and then use podcast.......but my mac dont have the connection ports....so do i need any other leads ...i'm Lost in how to record...please could u help in any way...it would be most appreciated...

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

First, read the Sticky thread at the top of this forum

You can use a 2xRCA to 3.5mm stereo plug cable to connect the mixer to the line input of the Mac. Or you can get a USB or Firewire interface, starting with the Griffin iMic.

The cable would go from the line outs of the mixer (L and R) to the line input Jack of the Mac

3. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

you just need a cable like this to go from the record output (might be called booth/main2) of your mixer into the line in on your macbook (the line in looks like this: >o<).

i use audio hijack pro for recording mixes... could try that out, search for it on http://www.macupdate.com

4. JUNGLEWARFARE thread starter macrumors newbie

Hijack audio pro

Hi Thanks alot for ur reply most appreciated...........
    will get the lead 2 morrow asked about and no one could help me now i know what 2 look 4......

also i searched 4 audio hijacked pro......it come up demo version and one from shareware.......should i dwnload the shareware application.....also what does this application do?.....please could u give me some info on it ...thanks alot i will wait 4 ur reply......

Alfie