Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vja4Him

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
I've been testing out many recording applications, trying to record Internet radio, but when I open up the recording files, I can't hear anything.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried these applications so far:

o Amadeus
o Audacity
o Audio Hijack Pro
o Audiocorder
o Final Vinyl
o Recorderxhead

All these applications seem to be working, recording the sound from Internet radio, but I can't hear anything when I play the files. There must be a setting that I'm missing .... but what is it?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
What software do you use to listen to Internet Radio?

AudioHijack Pro (AHP) is able to record any sound that goes through any application, you just have to set AHP to record the right application.

Can you post details on the steps you have taken?

vja4Him

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Sirius Internet Radio

AudioHijack Pro (AHP) is able to record any sound that goes through any application, you just have to set AHP to record the right application.

I'm listening to Sirius Internet Radio on my Mac Pro, running Snow Leopard, 10.6.3.

vja4Him

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
AudioHijack Froze my Mac Pro!

AudioHijack just caused my computer to crash two times! Window appeared telling me that I needed to install several additional items in order for AudioHijack to work, and that I would have to log out before installing those items. Everything on my computer closed out, and the log in window appeared. But my mouse was frozen and couldn't do anything. So I had to do a cold boot twice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.