How to Recover a Deleted Logic Pro X Project?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Gianb, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Gianb macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

So I accidentally deleted one of my Logic Pro X projects, and I want to recover it.

So here is what I got so far.
    If you Right Click on a Logic project and select "Show Folder Contents" you will find the main folders from Logic, and Under Alternatives - 000, you will find what I think it is Logics main file, "Project Data"

So after figuring that out, I got "Data Rescue 3" and using its "FileIQ" Function, I tried to "teach" the software to look for that type of file.
    And then finally, after a long scan, I recover that file. I can that that is the right file, because once I open it in a text form, I can see the instruments and the name of the files I used.

The problem is, I can't open it!
    If you grab just a random project, and copy its ProjectData file, to another one, it will work!

So my conclusion is, I recovered the file, but because the Recover Software is old, It is not able to recover the file on a proper way!

Anyway, I know the data is there, I just need to find a way to make it work again!
    Anyone?

2. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

You say "so I got Data Rescue 3". Do you mean you pirated it or you purchased it? Because you also say " the Recover Software is old". Perhaps you need to purchase the latest version of the software.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

For future reference, this is exactly the type of problem Time Machine was designed to fix.

4. vista980622 macrumors 6502

The ProjectData binary you got probably contains corrupted/redundant blocks. I am facing identical issues now (for helping a friend recover his works).
    Unfortunately, there is no appear ant way to resolve it.