How to recover partition on my mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NancyHE, Mar 17, 2011.

1. NancyHE macrumors newbie

I have no idea why partitions on my mac disappeared. :(:(Maybe it is overwritten or damaged by a virus. I have spent all day searching the internet for solutions. Much software is suggested to help and I chose Nice to Recover Data for Mac. Frankly speaking, it can truly recover the partitions and the data on them but I can open them. Anything I did wrong with it? How to use it properly?:confused: Can anyone tell me?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is typical for data recovery software that is being used in trial mode. It will show you what it can recover but not let you DO anything with the data until you pay.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You need to be more specific. What partitions did you have and where do you see that they've "disappeared"?
    There has never been a virus in the wild that runs on Mac OS X. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some education and common sense and care in what software you install:
    Do you mean you can't open them? Again, the more information you provide, the easier it will be for someone to help you.

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience