How To Recreate This Effect?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spetykowski, Apr 26, 2009.

1. spetykowski macrumors member

I assume that this effect was created using After Effects or similar software. I don't know if it is a result when shooting with film or from a sun lens flare. But i am looking for a way to recreate this look. It is most noticeable from 00:58 - 1:09, but the effect is used thoughout the whole trailer. The way the orange and red color creeps onto the frame. I am not sure if it could be done as simple as an adjustment layer, or if it would take something more.

Thanks for any help.

http://vimeo.com/3150165?pg=embed&sec=&hd=1

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

it looks like it's film flares that are overlayed onto the video with a blending mode.

there are probably websites/dvds that you can buy the elements from.

3. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

I used to have a filter that made that effect, it was called something like "projector malfunction" or "camera malfunction", but I can't for the life of me find it.:eek:

If your any good at photo shop you could create a few still frames with the red and yellow effect on the sides and super impose it.

4. spetykowski thread starter macrumors member

thanks. I was hopeing that there was an effect preset for this but I guess it would be more beneficial to do it myself. Thanks for the help.

Btw I'm not one for rollerblading, but that looks like a great video. What did you think?

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Like bigboss said I think they used some stock footage from a place like Artbeats.com and overlayed it onto their footage. You can try following this tutorial at the CreativeCOW showing how to use AE to get a 'film flash' transitional effect and maybe based off that you can create what you want.

Lethal

6. spetykowski thread starter macrumors member

Lethal, Thanks the tutorial looks like it would help.

7. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Suggesting pirating isn't kosher on this board iBallz.

Lethal

9. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz