How to refresh 2 logins of same website in same browser simultaneously?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by petalino, May 16, 2012.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I am using 2 Ipads as cash registers in two different business locations. Both Ipads have Square Register APP installed, but under different login and password or accounts.

Square register allows me to keep track of the Ipad sales on my IMac at the home office, but it is not "live". The browser window has to be refreshed in order to get the latest sales volume for the minute.

Since I have two independent accounts with Square, I tried opening 2 tabs with the Square website in Safari or Firefox and logged in using two different accounts at Square. Guess what: its a NO GO. There is a conflict. Both tabs want to use just one Square account, but never two accounts at same time.

Does not work if you are using the same browser. It could probably work with two different browsers, but I prefer to keep it all in one.

Any ideas on how this can be achieved using just one browser?

BTW, Firefox has this nifty plugin which allows for autorefresh avery few minutes.

Thanks in advance

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Unless they designed their website to allow for this then it is a no go. Come to think of it I can't think of any website that can do this. Google has a multiple login for there different apps but it is more like fast user switching than simultaneous.

Using multiple browsers should work fine though. As it is the browser that is logged in, not the computer.