How to refresh internet connection in Fusion?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Macloven, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

With both VMware 2 and 1 I've had inconsistent results when switching from my office network (wired) to my home wireless connection. Sometimes within a minute it refreshs and gets a new IP address, and some days it takes 10 minutes or more. I am not restarting the Windows session, which would probably resolve this, but just putting the machine to sleep.

So, is there a quick way to force Windows to get a new IP address without restarting?

Thanks,

Mark

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

3. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

I tried that and got the following message..."An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area connection 3 : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out." This is running the command in a dos window using cmd.exe. This happens at my office or home...same message. btw, running network in bridged mode.

But just tried again, and ran ipconfig /release first and inconfig /renew then worked. Not sure why the renew won't work alone, but still this is better than waiting.

thanx,

Mark