How to register your website with Google?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by nigelivy, Nov 17, 2009.

1. nigelivy macrumors member

Hi,

I am trying to register my website with Google, so that it comes up in searches easily. Can anyone advise me as to the best way to go about doing this? I have entered my site here: Add your URL to Google
    Also, any advice on registering my site with other search engines would be appreciated!
    Thanks for any input,

Nigel

2. rowsdower macrumors 6502

3. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

FYI - it might take a few weeks to show up in their index. The links provided by the other user help you attain higher rankings once listed and also how to integrate their search into your site. Up to you if you want to submit to multiple and have an email address you don't care about spamming, visit http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/060398I.html which automates the submission to many sites at once. I'd not recommending spending any $ on sites that promise to index you higher, keep the indexes up to date, etc. Save your money and follow the links the user posted about SEO optimization - that's the secret.

4. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

It takes time. Sometimes this is a bad thing. Someone once accidentally uploaded a file with personal data onto our website (we thought it was a blank template, but some old data was still there). If you knew what to Google for, you'd find it. We removed the file as soon as we found out, but it still took a few weeks before the Google cache was updated.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you actually googled: "How to register your website with Google"

You would have the answer

FYI, your site targets WINDOWS users. You seem to be promoting it on the wrong site.

6. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

brisbaneguy29

It will take a bit to get indexed, but you can let Google know it is there. Go to http://www.google.com/addurl/

This will at least put it in the queue to be indexed. Saves them trying to find it automatically. Please note all this will do it get it indexed. It will NOT help you in your ranking, if you have poor SEO. From looking at your site, you have not really done any SEO, so I doubt if you will get a high rank anyway.

7. MCRunning macrumors 6502

You don't register your site. First focus on specific keywords you want to rank for. Then start building some backlinks, link building, add fresh new content, social networking. Those are just a few examples

However you can submit a sitemap to google.

8. kenmarered macrumors newbie

Go to Google Webmaster Tools, register your website, point google to your sitemap.xml file (search google for lots of good tutorials about how to create one) and wait. Google will advise you of any problems it had indexing your site.

Then find sites that are already ranked highly in Google and see if they are willing to link to you. This is more likely to happen if you have a great product, service, content etc.