How to regress from 10.6.4 to 10.6.3?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dp83, Jul 1, 2010.

1. dp83 macrumors newbie

Hi... my first post...

I updated to 10.6.4 from the stock 10.6.3 install on my 2010 13" MBP and am frustrated by the graphics issues (the known problems with nVidia cards) and also detect what appear to be some intermittent wireless internet connectivity issues. I'm considering going back to 10.6.3 but don't understand if I can do this without a complete hard-drive wipe, which I'd prefer not to do. Is it possible to simply return the system software to 10.6.3 without messing with my applications and files? If so, what's the best way to do it? (edit: I don't have Time Machine)

On another note, can anyone offer perspective on how soon Apple and nVidia will offer a fix for the driver issues under 10.6.4? I'd prefer to stick with 10.6.4 as I would assume it offers other benefits, but am frustrated by the graphics issues.

By the way, has anyone else experienced this internet issue? Full bars from my usually dependable private wireless network, but very slow page loading from websites (mainstream sites, Google, Yelp, etc).

I love my MBP and just feel like 10.6.4 has sullied it somehow. An irrational view perhaps but would love some help!

Thanks

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

As you don't have a Time Machine backup, the only thing you can do is manually back up, wipe the HDD, install 10.6.3 and move your files back over.

3. celticpride678

Backup your files, erase your hard drive and reinstall Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Don't install the 10.6.4 update after you reinstall.

4. dp83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to both replies... any thoughts on the driver update or wireless questions?