How to regulate photos on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macrlz9, Jul 30, 2007.

1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Ok... Well in iTunes I can make a smart playlist and have it decide a number of things to choose songs including make it no more than xxGB. I would love for a way to do this with iPhoto to make an iPhone album. For example I made a "last 6 months" album, but the past few weeks i've taken more photos than normal and now iTunes won't sync any photos because i'm out of room... Let's say just as an example I go 2 months without adding any photos then on month 3 I take a boat load... Do you see where the problem is? I'd like to say ok well include all photos last 6 months, but limit to 3GB or something like that... Any ideas? I'm just now playing around with smart folders in the Finder to maybe sync from a smart folder instead of smart album in iPhoto...

2. sunday888 macrumors member

Making the smart album take only the last "n" rolls isn't what you want? I don't know of a way to limit the size of the album by aggregate file size.

3. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

macrlz9

Well I thought about that too, however sometimes I import just 2 pictures in a "roll" or sometimes I'll import 70. Arg :(

4. benjackson macrumors newbie

Has anyone figured out how to make this work tho - smart folder syncing of pictures to itunes sync? I've found that itunes won't let me select the smart folder as a folder to sync.

Is there a workaround?

5. Reefbone macrumors regular

I can't figure out how to create new albums/folders... There is no + symbol at the bottom of the screen. It only has camera roll. Is this a bug or do I need iPhoto or something?