How to regulate photos on iPhone

macrlz9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Long Island, NY
Ok... Well in iTunes I can make a smart playlist and have it decide a number of things to choose songs including make it no more than xxGB. I would love for a way to do this with iPhoto to make an iPhone album. For example I made a "last 6 months" album, but the past few weeks i've taken more photos than normal and now iTunes won't sync any photos because i'm out of room... Let's say just as an example I go 2 months without adding any photos then on month 3 I take a boat load... Do you see where the problem is? I'd like to say ok well include all photos last 6 months, but limit to 3GB or something like that... Any ideas? I'm just now playing around with smart folders in the Finder to maybe sync from a smart folder instead of smart album in iPhoto...

sunday888

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Making the smart album take only the last "n" rolls isn't what you want? I don't know of a way to limit the size of the album by aggregate file size.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Long Island, NY
Making the smart album take only the last "n" rolls isn't what you want? I don't know of a way to limit the size of the album by aggregate file size.
Well I thought about that too, however sometimes I import just 2 pictures in a "roll" or sometimes I'll import 70. Arg :(

benjackson

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
Has anyone figured out how to make this work tho - smart folder syncing of pictures to itunes sync? I've found that itunes won't let me select the smart folder as a folder to sync.

Is there a workaround?

Reefbone

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
I can't figure out how to create new albums/folders... There is no + symbol at the bottom of the screen. It only has camera roll. Is this a bug or do I need iPhoto or something?