how to reinstall 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by everlastuk, Apr 5, 2012.

1. everlastuk macrumors newbie

hi guys, apologies if this has been posted already, the thing is ive been having problems with my iphone 4 memory so i thought id try to re jailbreak it, but the thing is i have put my phone into safemode, even though i had the ios 5.0.1 i cant seem to get the phone to a fresh copy of 5.0.1 on it without itunes offering me a update of 5.1 which i dont want.
    Can someone please help me out? is there a way i can completely reinstall 5.0.1 and then i can jailbreak it later. I hope i made sense guys.

thank you in advance.

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

If you follow this link and directly download iOS 5.0.1, then plug in your iPhone and load up iTunes. Then click on your iPhone and then hold shift and click on Restore. A dialog box will then pop up and you should select the ipsw file you downloaded. Then, in theory, you should be able to restore to a fresh copy of 5.0.1.

3. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Do you need your SHSH Blobs?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

As apple is not signing 5.01 anymore you cannot directly restore 5.01

You need your SHSH and your APTicket saved.

If you need to have your BB preserved first make a custom IPSW with NO_BB in redsn0w/Extra's/Custom IPSW
    With that or the stock IPSW if no BB preserve is needed make a second custom IPSW via redsn0w/Extra's/SHSH blobs/Stitch

With that ALT-restore(mac) or SHIFT-restore(win) in iTunes

After that JB with redsn0w

pfffff how many times do we have to explain, there are so many threads explaining this, some research might help.