how to reinstall firmware 3.1.3 with 4.0 out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fahdsaeed87, Jul 1, 2010.

1. fahdsaeed87 macrumors member

Salam guys i am in a bit of trouble i have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3 jb with spirit and unlocked with ultrsnow on 5.12.01 i am having some issues with my phone for the past few days it takes too much time to boot up hangs some times for 1 min or more i have saved SHSH file for 3.1.3 on cydia i clicked on restore in itunes but it gave me an error that i am not eligible to do a firmware restore pleasee helpp me and quick or else i would have no option left instead to upgrade to ios4 because my phone is in a useless state right now it hangs too much its a virus or something else.

2. samrashi macrumors newbie

Walekum Salam! Sorry not technical enough to help you with your problem! but it was nice to see a "Salam" on the forum, thought I have to reply! Hope you sort your issue out soon.

3. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Download the firmware for your phone here, then go into iTunes, hold down alt while clicking restore, find the file you downloaded from that link, and let it do it's thing.

4. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

thnx friend i am in a big big trouble dont want to loose my iphone again you know when i purchased my iphone back on 22 feb i used it just for one week after that it was locked dont want to repeat the same mistake again just need help of the latinist or dhlizard desperately:(

5. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

6. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Sounds like Apple is forcing you to upgrade. Try again with the 3.1.3 file on your computer, but DISCONNECT THE COMPUTER FROM THE INTERNET FIRST.

Tell me if that works.

7. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

come on man itunes wont let me to restore if it doesn't talks with apple about the fw i am restoring it gives me an error that i have to connect to internet

8. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Ahh, looks like you gotta just update to iOS 4 then. You can jailbreak it anyway.

9. fahdsaeed87 thread starter macrumors member

there is no jb for ips4 for 3gs new bootrom right now dont misguide people and there is a way i have found from a guy from dev team blog to use firmware umbrella to restore to fw 3.1.3 but i dont know how to use this

10. Roxerroneous macrumors newbie

You need to redirect iTunes to look at Saurik's server when restoring. Apple signs all firmwares now and won't sign anything but the latest. If you have an SHSH "on file" it means that Suarik saved the signature for you but you need to tell iTunes to look on his server instead of apple's.

There are a few guides out there. This one looks like it will do the trick: http://modmyi.com/guides/restore-iphone-3gs-3-1-2-using-shshs-file-cydia-windows/

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you do indeed have your 3.1.3 SHH blobs saved, you need to restore your phone using Saurik's method. Then choose set up as new to get rid of all your current issues.

Google "Caching Apples Signature Server" or go here.