How to reinstall Lion onto a SSD?

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I JUST got the SSD to be detected by the computer. Now, I have a Time Machine backup of my entire system. So, how do I install Lion onto the SSD? Or should I install Snow Leopard onto the SSD, THEN install Lion? The final solution is that I simply clone the system. What do you guys suggest?

Last edited:

jschmitt

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2011
I JUST got the SSD to be detected by the computer. Now, I have a Time Machine backup of my entire system. So, how do I install Lion onto the SSD? Or should I install Snow Leopard onto the SSD, THEN install Lion? The final solution is that I simply clone the system. What do you guys suggest?
I'd install fresh; have you already downloaded Lion? If so, burn the DMG that is in the Lion install package to a thumb drive, and boot from the thumb drive; you will need a 8gb key to make it work!

John

Comment

CFoss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
I'd install fresh; have you already downloaded Lion? If so, burn the DMG that is in the Lion install package to a thumb drive, and boot from the thumb drive; you will need a 8gb key to make it work!

John
Where is it located?

Comment

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Where is it located?
You should have saved it on an external HDD or made a copy of it before you actually installed it on your original HDD. I believe you can re-download it, by installing Snow Leopard on your SSD, update to 10.6.8, download Lion, and install it. Or you can try to search your Applications folder directory.

Comment