How to remove a download from the Safari Queue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zainjetha, Nov 9, 2009.

1. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Hi

Really basic question - irritating me a lot..

On Safari when I attempt to remove a download from the download queue it immediately reoccurs and fails and I delete it... and then it attempts to download it again and reoccurs and fails. How do I make safari understand that i dont want it to download that file and to stop attempting it?

Zain

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Don't you have a cross or a stop button (or pause?) at the end of the download bar ?

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have a 3rd-party download manager installed that interacts with Safari, such as Speed Download? If you do, check its preferences. If not... this is most odd. What method are you using to remove the failed download from the list? There are three ways I know about: Select the download, hit delete; click the little X next to the download, and wiping the whole list in one fell swoop with the Clear List button.

4. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

Managed to remove it by clearing the download list... I use Safari and have not used any download manager... thanks anyway

--------------------------------------X-------------------------------------------------

END

--------------------------------------X-------------------------------------------------

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Is it difficult to click the x?
    Or select the file and hit Delete key?

If it's recurring, then it's probably a shady web site.