How to remove a Gmail address

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 420benz, Jan 20, 2013.

1. 420benz macrumors 6502

420benz

Son used my imac to access his gmail.He used safari. I use FF for my gmail but if i use Safari to access my mail his gmail opens.How can i remove it?

2. simsaladimbamba

You log out of his account, then you are free to login into your accounts.

3. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

I don't want to do that every time.

4. simsaladimbamba

I am confused.
    If you want to remove it, what do you mean by that, if logging out does not work for you. Either you need to log out of that account or you teach your son to do it every time he uses your Mac.
    Does your son use your Mac often? If so, why not make him an extra user account via System Preferences > Accounts (Users & Groups)?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You should not have to. If you logout of his then into yours, it should go to your account next time you start Safari. Also, you can enable a feature in GMail that allows you to click and switch between account logins.

If you want to keep sharing the machine with him, maybe install Chrome browser for him to use so all his junk is in that bowser. Or maybe you could make him his own OS X login so everything would be separate.

6. bplein macrumors 6502

bplein

As noted previously, create an account on the system for him (System Preferences -> Users & Groups). Then he can log in to the Mac as himself, set up his own mail (web or Mail.app) and you don't see his stuff and he doesn't see yours.

Really the only right way to do it. Modern OSes have multiuser interfaces, use them!

7. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

OK: for some reason,I had to log in and out twice to stop his email from opening.BTW: My son only used my Mac once. Thanks